Sunday, March 20, 2011

Portobello Aquarium Trip

Room 9 had a great trip out to the Portobello Aquarium on Friday! We were lucky to have fantastic weather (maybe this is a good sign for camp??!!) and the day went really well. Was great to see everyone getting stuck into the squid dissection!
A huge thank you to our super parent helpers who got us there and back safely :)
Check out the photos below, as well as some of our octopus homes! This has been Room 9's homework task and they were brilliant! Everyone put in an awesome effort and I loved listening to your presentations.
We are into Week 8 already...the countdown to camp is on! Please get your camp notices in by the end of this week.




7 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow, what awesome photos!
What I learnt at the aquarium is about phytoplankton and zooplankton, and what a impact they have on the sea-creatures food webs, when in reality, they're really, really tiny!
My animal I'm studying is the Spiny sea star, because I'm quite fasinated about the way it attacks it's prey and such.
Thanks,
Caroline

Anonymous said...

The trip to the aquarium was great fun, I learnt lots and enjoyed seeing the creatures. My animal that I am studying is the Phyto plankton I like them because they are so basic.Bruno

Anonymous said...

Nice photos ! I really enjoyed the trip to portobello. What i learnt at the aquarium was that instead of girls having the baby seahorses, boys have the baby!!! weird or what !!!
The animal I am studying is a star fish because in fact I don't really no anything about a star fish except there the shape of a star so I'm quite interested to find out more about that !! From Georgia K

Anonymous said...

The day at the aquarium was super fun and so iv been there before I enjoyed it even more then the other times I've been there, if i had to say what my fav thing was at the aquarium it would be dissecting the squids


Quentin Dunbar

Anonymous said...

awsome I lernt that all spoties are female and that a welks tounge is called a radula neihana

Anonymous said...

the octopus`s home were so cool. The day we went to the aquarium there was some hudge starfish`s disecting a squid eeewwwww its smellt like rotton egs but it was fun so yeah
Thanks`
Taonga

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos!
At the aquarium is that squid have only one hard part in there body.
For my sea creature study i am doing a jellyfish.

Austin C

(\(\
(=':')
(")(")